Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

The boys made it to midnight just as they did last year. It's impressive to me since I didn't make it till midnight in the midst of a party in which most years I collapsed on the floor in whatever room I happened to be standing in, until I was 10 years old. At 7 and 4 they have me pretty beat.

The last 8 minutes were excruciating for 4. Poor baby. He couldn't wait to go to bed and yet he's still awake.

He's not had the greatest of days. Four woke up this morning with hives. I've yet to figure out just what did it. I had purchased some new clothes for him which I didn't wash before allowing him to wear them, but this isn't unusual and he's never had hives before. I've been trying to think of everything he's ate and what not. Bless his heart he looks awful and the Benadryl the doctor told me to use has put him in the most horrible mood.

He's cried today because:

"Mommy, I miss Christmas, Christmas all gone now."
"Bubby _____ (Insert any of the following: hit me, touched me, breathed on me, wouldn't go away...)!"
"Mommy, you hate me."
"Mommy, I want two cookies, I don't want dinner, two cookies, and two cupcakes, I'm too full for dinner."

It's hard to believe it's 2010. Sometime about March I'll get used to saying 2010. Here's to a better year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment